Friday, April 25, 2008

Let's clear the air a little, shall we?

To my friends, thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I meant my last blog to about the srtuggle of dealing with grief while dieting, not neccesarily focus on the one off handed comment. I rather wanted to give a glimpse of the crazy and hurtful things that people have said to me or about me during this period in my life, and ask how others have dealt with this, as I know many of you have. Thanks for knowing me and my heart. I look forward to reading the book two of y'all recommended me. I am always looking for ways to grow.

To Sarah P. who commented,
"I happen to come across your blog through friends of some friends. I am with you on the weight loss stuff!
About the grief, I just hope your friend doesn't read your blog. I don't know if you are just trying to get a reaction out of people to tell you how great you are or just venting.
Just from past experience, I would check your resources before jumping to conclusions about he said/she said."

Thanks for reading my blog. I believe you misread my venting (and yes, I was venting as many people do on their blogs). I did not call this person a friend, I rather quite certainly did not, all I said was that this was a person that I know that I have not talked to in about two months. Only the person that said this knows who he/she is. I am not ashamed for them to read my blog. If you say something about someone in public, especially false hurtful comments, you should be ok with others knowing about it. I will not apologize or make excuses for other's actions. To be honest, I feel that a major problem our society faces is that we are not responsible for our actions. People say and do whatever they want whenever they want and rarely have to face consequences. My source was reliable, and I took out a lot of the chatter. Again, I was not trying to make this a blog about that one comment, but rather the tole that comments like that take on a person. I will openly admit that I am an emotional eater, and as I am in an emotional state right now, I am admitting that I need encouragement and help. This was an attempt to be vulnerable and honest, and I am sad that you took it for something more sinister and manipulative.
As to whether or not I meant to solicit responses, I made that very clear, but I did not ask for a pat on the back but rather advice on how to respond. I am not writing an online diary, but hope to gather responses and dialog from my entries. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that that was the point of blogs.

I invite you all to continue reading and commenting. Since some of you do not know me, I invite you to read a little further back, and see who I am a little deeper than this post. The other comments on here are from people I have know 10 to 20 or more years. So they may have thought that I needed a pat on the back, since that is what friends are for. I have taken off the anonymous comment option, I love comments, but I also like people to be held accountable, you know who I am, so I would like to know who you are. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee-You word yourself really well...if that makes sense. I admire the way that you are able to express yourself.
Davita

Amanda said...

I wouldn't worry too much about venting on that last post. It's not like you put the name out there for all of cyberspace. And getting comments that can be negative is the nature of the beast of blogging. Who knows that person might read it and will realize they were hurtful. Peace.

Amanda said...

Oh and I also forgot to mention there is this website I have been visiting and I mainly visit the forums that has helped me stay accountable. It's called 3 fat chicks http://www.3fatchicks.com/

Lots of good info u can find there and they have a WW sub forum too.

sarah said...

From seeing the reaction from my comment, I didn't mean it to be taken the way it was. I am truly sorry. I didn't want to get too into detail on the last comment but from doing so, it was taken the wrong way. Because of that, I am very sorry.
The reason I wrote what I did is because I was in your shoes a couple of years ago. My dad passed and had lost my best friend. My co-workers didn't seem to understand what I was going through...or so I thought. Words were twisted, and it was brought to my attention that I was "annoying to be around" and "needed to get over it." Come to find out, that wasn't it at all.
I would just hate for you to go through what I went through with people that I had cared so much about and had "turned against me."
I know this probably won't make you feel better because my comment obviously already made an impact on your feelings.
I am truly sorry.
Sarah

DavitaJo said...

Dee - I am thinking that you guys should come visit. Cruise or otherwise...you could stay at the Hotel Davita. Where else could you get a gourmet breakfast and egyptian cotton sheets...FOR FREE?

D

Being a Star said...

I don't know you but I am a emotional eater. I have struggled with my weight for years and still am. I can't imagine losing my mom...she is my best friend. I have a daughter who is 21 months..i am still overweight and I struggle some days with running around with her. My advice is if your body can handle it then go for it. I did and we are doing fine..now of course i won't have another one until i lose 40 to 50 pounds. I want feel better physically not just mentally. Good Luck and God bless you and your family!