Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A quote I thought you all might enjoy!



President Bush talked about Obama in an interview on November 11th. Here is a tidbit from that article that was posted on CNN.com:
Bush described the atmosphere in his Oval Office meeting with Obama as relaxed and said he offered the future president advice on the transition process. Bush also said Obama was specifically interested in how his two young daughters would adjust to life in the White House.
"It was interesting to watch him go upstairs," Bush said. "He wanted to see where his little girls were going to sleep. Clearly, this guy is going to bring a sense of family to the White House, and I hope Laura and I did the same thing. But I believe he will, and I know his girls are on his mind and he wants to make sure that first and foremost, he is a good dad. And I think that's going to be an important part of his presidency."


I cannot tell you how excited I am to have a president that is a loving and involved father. I know I preached a long sermon the other day on here, so I won't get back on that soap box, but I just wanted to share this tidbit with you guys, especially those that are upset with Obama. Maybe this will shed a little light for you onto our president-elect's family values. Maybe because it is coming from Bush it will hold a little more value than coming from others. Maybe all this Obama talk will stop you from reading my blog (I sure hope not). But maybe, just maybe, it will help you see that Obama is a person, just like the rest of us, that has his family as a top priority, and that maybe he should be treated like one.


Link to full article by Alexander Mooney on CNN.com


A couple of pictures I found that I thought fit the quote!

No comments: